Internet Problems

Ikaris 13:17 25 Jan 04

Yesterday I was no longer able to play online games which I previously could. I can still surf web pages but any online games say check internet settings
I tried to ping google but got an error:

PING: transmit failed, error code 65.
ping statistics are:
packets: sent= 4 ,recieved= 0, lost= 4 100%loss>

This is the error message i get when i try to connect to online games:

you may be trying to connect to an invalid server. if you are using a modem you may need to connect manually, connect to the internet before connecting to the server.

I am using Tiscali Broadband on windows XP.
Any help greatly appreciated.

AndyJ 13:24 25 Jan 04

If you live in the south-west Tiscali are currently having a connection problem which they're working on. Check their website / help / service status

Ikaris 13:28 25 Jan 04

I have connected my internet to another pc and it worked fine its only on my pc. Thanks for the help.

Ikaris 13:31 25 Jan 04

Im in the north east aswell.

DAG88 21:36 25 Jan 04

try disabling your firewall or reconfiguring it incase it is blocking too many ports somehow

AndyJ 21:53 25 Jan 04

Have a look here click here

Ikaris 15:54 26 Jan 04

i went on to the link you said and i did have zonealarm and i uninstalled it and then it didnt work but the other thing the (ics feature is enabled) i done know how i can change that do you know where i can disable the ics feature?

961 19:06 26 Jan 04

I have seen many complaining of poor internet access in the last few days, many complaining of BT Openworld

I usually connect at between 48000 and 52000 Kps.This weekend I have been down to 44000 and today to 28000/30000. Most sites have been a waste of time, so I can only guess, having checked all my settings that some hacker is having a go at the internet

Speeds are slightly up tonight, but all my ISP's are affected, including Freeserve and Tiscali

Surely can't be the weather?

961 08:35 27 Jan 04

Back to 50.6Kps this morning

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…