Internet Problems

WaiKent 20:22 26 Oct 03

hi i was just surfing the web when i noticed a lot of websites i could access well before is now not reachable and a page called internet optimizer says it couldnt be found? and i know it does definately exist. so does anyone know whats happening.

VoG II 20:26 26 Oct 03

You have picked up some spyware click here

Remove with Spybot click here

WaiKent 20:38 26 Oct 03

thanks vog, i am downloading spybot now. hopes this works

WaiKent 22:16 26 Oct 03

hello downloaded spybot and it found loads of files and deleted most of them but some werent deletable and the same page keeps coming up. so i booted to A: from startup and deleted a file called nem214.dll in c:\windows and now the internet optimizer page doesnt come up, the actual page just says page cannot be displayed. help.

woodchip 22:23 26 Oct 03

Go to start/Run and type MSCONFIG click ok then startup tab un-tick any that does not look right leave the system tray running

WaiKent 22:31 26 Oct 03

i uninstalled the culprit and i think it has gone now but something is still blocking the connection to this site. can you try click here for me and tell me if it works. it is blocked for me.

woodchip 22:42 26 Oct 03

No it's a dud link

WaiKent 22:45 26 Oct 03

o they must have server probs then. thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…