Internet problem with Vista

colada 08:38 29 Oct 07

When I try to turn off Internet Explorer, I get the message 'windows cannot turn off due to a problem Then the message windows is restarting,
if I try to turn it off again, the message 'windows is trying to find a solution to this problem - the internet then turns off normally. This happens every time.

Technotiger 09:00 29 Oct 07

The following is an extract from this link click here
but it is just one possibility ...

If you are having problems with Internet Explorer 7 hanging, crashing, silently closing or other bizarre behavior, an incompatible toolbar or other add-on maybe involved. The fastest way to determine if an add-on is causing the problem is to run Internet Explorer 7 with no add-ons. You can do this by going to Start, clicking All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and click Internet Explorer (No add-ons). This disables all add-ons from loading in that instance of Internet Explorer. If the problem goes away, you can manually disable specific add-ons to find the specific one causing the problem. Below are instructions on how to manually disable a specific toolbar and a list of known incompatible toolbars that can cause serious issues with Internet Explorer 7.

To disable a toolbar open Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. In Windows, click the Start button.
2. Click All Programs.
3. Click Accessories.
4. Click System Tools and then click Internet Explorer (No add-ons).

Once you determine the toolbar causing the issue, you should uninstall the toolbar through Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel and then check the toolbar’s website for an updated version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple