internet problem [URGENT]

ruthcruet 13:17 03 Apr 05

can anyone out there help me with my problem?At present I am having to use my old Win 98, as a few week's ago I had to have my Win XP re-dopwnloaded, ever since then I have been unable to access my dial-up ISP.It seem's that the friend of my daughters that did it set the Modem to Broadband and not dial-up. I have tried on several occassions to reset the Modem without any luck. So I am hoping there is someone out there that can advise me as to what I can do?????? [The fella that did it has now moved to America so I have no way of getting him to come back and fix it]

woodchip 14:11 03 Apr 05

You need to double click "My Computer" double click on Dial-Up Networking and delete the ISP's you see and re-setup your own ISP With the Make New connection Wizard. You need your Provider and Telephone number to connect

ruthcruet 14:39 03 Apr 05

Hi Woodchip, thank you for your fast responce.As I am using my Win 98 at present i will set up my WinXP tomorrow and give your advise a go[fingers crossed everything will go as planned]Will get in touch if I need more advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…