Internet problem - is McAfee I.S. the cause??

Raywood 14:11 08 Sep 04

After my previous Anti-Virus subscription had finished. I decided to buy McAfee Internet Security 6.0 (2004 version). I have taken the time to download all the "Current" updates to the package.

When I go on to the internet, occasionally after about 30-45 minutes the connection becomes slow and the "Page cannot be found" message is displayed. Five minutes later WinXP crashes (White text on Blue screen job). I start the computer up again and do a Virus and spyware check. Nothing shows up. Both Symantec and Panda also report the same thing.

All the settings are on the defaults, except the firewall which is 1 step closer to 'Lockdown' from 'Standard'.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is??

Raywood 14:27 08 Sep 04

The setting on the firewall was increased due to popup messages that frequently appeared. However stopping the messenger service seems to have been more effective.

canard 18:00 08 Sep 04

There's another thread earlier today about McAfee latest update wiping out ISP wizard- could there be any connection?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…