Internet problem -Cannot PING default gateway-

Pc_learner_ 13:03 17 Feb 08

Up until 2 days ago my internet connection was working without a problem. I'm runing XP Professional and my default browser is firefox. My connection problems do not affect internet explorer from connecting but pages 99% will not load. I've done a system restore it did not change this problem, I've also typed the following commands in command prompt to determine connection problems.

IPConfig
Ping
Hostname
Nbtstat
PathPing
Route
Tracert
netsh diag gui
arp -a
arp -g
nbtstat -n output

My internet connection does not actually have a problem except the fact it cannot PING the default gateway so I cannot browse the internet. Please anyone with information or software that may fix this error would be greatly appreciated sinse I do not have an XP installation disc to repair my system. I run my pc through a LAN and my computer is the only one affected by this problem. I know very little about internet connections and LAN configuration so if someone can explain it in a "Dumb" and easy to understand way I would bloody appreciate it. Thx a lot mate(s)

breadwinner 13:31 17 Feb 08

Dont know if it will help but if you search(lost internet) my posting from yesterday. I had been without internet for 3 weeks & tried everthing. I was connected but IE would not display any pages.
Brundle me a link. Fantastic! gclick here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced