internet problem

Cretin07 18:10 25 Nov 03

hi connected to ntl bb 150k over 20metre ethernet cable. ran fine up until 10 mins ago when it suddenly didnt work and nothing worked. correct connect says no adapter been defined. so i plugged it into alternate adapter which didnt work then plugged it back to original and it worked but very slow and thats how im connected now. I did put my tft monitor on top of my case for a bit, could some sort of magnetic field or something disrupt it. that might be a very dumb reason but i'm desperate, ntl email also wouldnt work. and still doesnt. I also had an idea spyware was on my pc so i ran spybot and it was stuck scanning a file called cl.lop or something similar to that. please help if you can. thanks in advance.

Cretin07

VoG II 18:14 25 Nov 03

Sounds like you might have lop click here

Cretin07 18:18 25 Nov 03

thanks vog will check that.

Cretin07 18:18 25 Nov 03

hi vog that link didnt work, said page cannot be displayed.

Cretin07 18:20 25 Nov 03

i also tried signing into msn messenger but it said i was behind firewall, which i was but msn was alowed access to it and i could access it before. but i can funnily enough use windows messenger.

VoG II 18:20 25 Nov 03

This is the address

.doxdesk.com/parasite/lop.html

put a www in front of it.

Cretin07 18:21 25 Nov 03

that is the address it is trying to access but it wouldnt go there. just says page cannot be displayed.

accord 18:22 25 Nov 03

ntl are having problems with their DNS servers and an outage is currently being experienced.

click here

Cretin07 18:25 25 Nov 03

thankyou accord. but i would still like to know if i have the LOP parasite, argh...

VoG II 18:28 25 Nov 03

Manual removal

Open the Application Data folder. This can be found inside the Windows folder on Windows 95/98/Me; on Windows 2000 and XP it is inside your user folder in 'Documents and Settings', but it's hidden, so go to Tools->Folder Options->View and turn on 'Show hidden files and folders' to see it. In Windows NT 4.0 it is in the user folder inside 'WinNT\Profiles'.

The filenames of lop files can vary for each different installation, but usually under Windows there should not be any files inside Application Data (only folders), so it's generally easy to pick out the culprits. Known filenames for the toolbar DLL (lop/Toolbar, lop/Rnd) or ayb: protocol DLL (lop/AYB) include:

blztstull[letter 'a', 'c', 'j', 'p', 's', 't' or 'y'].dll

blztstull['pr', 'tr' or 'oo'].dll

chksbdrlya.dll

dmvcrthl.exe

eaeeishllblc.dll

eelykofrllfrpr.dll

eelykofrllfrj.dll

ealymfrprwch.dll

epllkeeoopr.dll

freabrlaouw.dll

gldqumssfrie.dll

hglllyxrxw.dll

icdrhwno.dll

heeachmstll.dll

meepajlr.dll

ousszidrta.dll

plg_ie[any digit].dll

prxzoustustgr.dll

prnouestssstx.dll

quizbt[any digit].dll

quglwachfs.dll

sstroallhqch.dll

tblchepruprgr.dll

trdzhtxf.exe

trstshcrscksr.dll

ukfroigl.dll

upckeetoutw.dll

veaeyglckr.dll

woafrquzn.dll

yeecrsoustoull.dll

ziebaeeoaeepr.dll

(to be continued)

VoG II 18:28 25 Nov 03

Known filenames for the system tray task and hijacker file include:

asshuktr.exe

bilyooas.exe

byb_save.exe

crgbeaoa.exe

eaymulyl.exe

eeublidc.exe

glxshmcr.exe

ijlysseb.exe

jqumysto.exe

kfriegbs.exe

llfggrdr.exe

lltckiey.exe

lopsearc.exe

meemnckyqbr.exe

meepajlr.exe

mprcouie.exe

oofrkxpe.exe

peebqusz.exe

quveioot.exe

shoucrck.exe

ssmeeibl.exe

tchpeatr.exe

tglblrll.exe

trstdris.exe

ulyuiexeechp.exe

vestufck.exe

vfthrcbr.exe

xogyfhp.exe

ykphmbre.exe

ylynfste.exe

Other files you may find with some versions include icon libraries (known filenames tchejea.lib and iCndE.lib) and loads of GIFs. These can all be deleted too. You might also have some of the following files in the Windows folder:

desktop.htm

dnserror.htm

jexpoofro.htm

i_dnserr.gif

s_dnserr.gif

r_dnserr.gif

b_dnserr.gif

tiejexpoo.gif

xiejexpoo.gif

oiejexpoo.gif

uiejexpoo.gif

(to be continued)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…