Internet popups etc

Curio 11:14 21 Dec 03

It would appear something has got into my Browser. When I connect to the Net, My home page has disappeared and I am flooded with popups of various sorts. Have been into Internet Options and reset to default settings, cleared cookies, Temp files and History. Reconnecting to the net shows this to have done no good. The default home page having been changed. The only way I got to writing this message was using my Favourites link. All Web pages including PCA page have no Address bar, restricting use of searching the Web.
All offers of help gratefully accepted

Taw® 11:18 21 Dec 03

click here follow the links on this post and the comments should help you out

VoG II 11:21 21 Dec 03

Try Ad-Aware click here Spybot click here and CoolwebShredder click here

Once sorted get click here and click here

dazza39 11:21 21 Dec 03

Also have you tried repairing your IE settings,this helps as well,similar thing happened to me,also use a Pop-Up stopper.

muppetmark 11:35 21 Dec 03

If you still have problems after doing the above download Hijackthis from click here run but do not FIX anything most will be required, paste the log here or click here or click here
There may even be more than one problem there.

Curio 13:37 21 Dec 03

Have installed and run Spybot. Installed Adaware but not run it because of warning from Spybot. Am getting less popups, but still have no address bar for the Web

VoG II 13:39 21 Dec 03

View/Toolbars and check that address bar is ticked.

Ignore the warning and run Ad-aware. Also CoolwebShredder.

Curio 15:04 21 Dec 03

Now have run Spybot and Ad aware. Have clean bill of health re popups. Still have no Address bar, have confirmed it is ticked in View/Toolbars. If I get address bar back it will complete my Xmas. Thanks to all for help so far

VoG II 15:05 21 Dec 03

Try a repair of Internet Explorer click here

Jester2K 15:06 21 Dec 03

Does it say anywhere on the toolbars "Address" cos it might be tucked out the the way...

johnnyrocker 15:14 21 Dec 03

are you on maximum resolution? ie press f11 and see if it is the cause

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…