internet pdf files

thedoc 13:40 15 Nov 04

I have recently wanted to access web pages in pdf format. The response is that i am not permitted to access these pages. So far i have tried to access updates for Admiralty Charts, Reeds Almanack and a Nickon brochure page, none of these seem to be to require express permission.
I run ZoneAlarm firewall and Nortonanti-virus.

Can anyone suggest what my problem is and how i overcome it.

Many thanks

Peter

scotty 13:52 15 Nov 04

Right click on the link to the pdf file and select the save as option. This will allow you to save the file on your pc.

This will get you around the problem. I think the actual problem is to do with the installation of Internat explorer and Acrobat reader. If you cannot live with the above solution, you will need to re-install one or both the aforementioned programs.

Pesala 15:11 15 Nov 04

Often known to cause problems. Turn it back on after you have visited what you know is a safe site.

pj123 16:53 15 Nov 04

You do have Acrobat Reader installed on your PC don't you??

Wak 17:01 15 Nov 04

The problem with Adobe and Internet Explorer is that Adobe inserts plug-ins into I.E. so that it will work as part of the system.
If you upgrade I.E. in any way, this removes the plug-ins from I.E. and you then have to re-install Adobe so that it can re-install it's plug-ins back into I.E.
Stupid I know, but that's how it works.
Pity Adobe and Microsoft can't get together on this!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…