internet password how to retrieve

©®@$? 10:28 11 Nov 03

hi all,

i've built a computer for my partners dad, and have copied his data from his old hardrive to the new hardrive

noted down his internet settings, but cannot get the password as it has x's for security reasons.

he has forgotten his password,he is with lienone, and i don't fancy trying to contact them with his details as i havn't really got time, is there a quciker way either via the registry (i dont think that is possible)

or a program, i seem to recall there being a program, that when you copy and paste the password which consists of x's into it, it then gives you tha actual password..

quick remedy needed thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 10:33 11 Nov 03

click here for AsteriskKey which may help.

Are the x's in the login box? Just hit OK.

mikef. 10:53 11 Nov 03

Go to click here there is a phone number to contact for forgottenpassword/username it is a 50p a min line though

seedie 11:33 11 Nov 03

Snadboy's revelation works like chocolate round a peanut. click here it's free too.

CD

beeuuem 12:36 11 Nov 03

This may work depending on your O/S.

click here

At 65Kb it is a small D/L.

beeuuem 12:39 11 Nov 03

Or try these from click here

©®@$? 13:02 11 Nov 03

thanks guys i will try your suggestions

if they fail i will contact them

thanks

beeuuem 13:13 11 Nov 03

The second link I gave is no use. It says that there are free programmes but, having tried one, they are evaluation programmes- they don't actually reveal the password. Sorry about that, don't want you to waste time on a D/L to find they don't work -and then curse me :-))

anchor 13:16 11 Nov 03

Have a look here

click here

You would need an alternative e-mail address to which the password would be sent.

LineOne and Tiscali are the same.

©®@$? 13:23 11 Nov 03

thanks people ill get it sorted one way or another thanks for the links, none of them worked on my xp machine but i havn't tried then on the 98 machine yet.may give them a go,but maybe easier just spending a £1 on a phone call to the isp.

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…