internet page problem

Ramification 16:42 12 Oct 03

hi everyone, ive a problem with my web page display. im using NTL broadband with XP pro. I have just removed a virus that changed my LAN settings and stopped me browsing. (QHOST?) and installed a patch. i also got other latest patches and virus remover tools off the symantec site and installed these too. since doing this i am now able to view pages if i directly type in the website address (for example but i cannot connect to to search which was my homepage before i got the QHOST virus. i just get -'The page cannot be displayed' so i set it to and i can view this page but when i try to use the search i just get the same error page. please help!!! :0

johnnyrocker 17:06 12 Oct 03

one thing that comes to mind is you may still have it or a variant, the latest ones around require disabling of system restore before cleansing, have you done this?

Ramification 20:09 13 Oct 03

hi, yes i have. no good still....

MAJ 20:31 13 Oct 03

It's best if you close one of these duplicated threads, Ramification, to avoid confusion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…