Internet page - no display, just an icon

Krisps 13:14 23 Sep 03

Certain internet pages do not display , but all I get is a white page with a little square in the top left with coloured rectangles and a circle on it. I am sure this is meant to tell me something, but I have no idea what.

I have Norton Firewall, but disabling this makes no difference, so it probably is not that program refusing to open the page.

Any ideas?

MichelleC 13:38 23 Sep 03

Try dumping all your temp internet files.

MAJ 13:41 23 Sep 03

Post a link to a page where it occurs, Krisps, you might be missing a plug-in to view that page, Flash for example.

Krisps 14:05 23 Sep 03

Maj - link is click here

Michellec - thanks but it didn't work

MAJ 14:14 23 Sep 03

That's a PDF file, Krisps, you need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read it. click here

Krisps 14:18 23 Sep 03

Thanks Maj, but I was aware of that and as I already have version 6.0 of Adobe Acrobat Reader I guess that is not the problem.
Incidentally I had also checked that Adobe was onfigured for pdf files, and it was.
Any more ideas?

MAJ 14:33 23 Sep 03

You could try turning off the "Display PDF in browser" option within the Preferences of the reader, Krisps, that should allow you to download the .pdf file when you click on that link. That's all I can think of at the moment.

alcudia 14:54 23 Sep 03

Just tried the link to the pdf. What a horrible sight!!!!!! A tax return form.

Anyway no probs here.

Are you sure you gave it enough time to download.

It's not the Adobe Reader icon that you can see top left is it?

You could right-click the file and choose save target as. Then choose a location on your hard drive. It should open from there.

Krisps 18:10 23 Sep 03

Problem solved - after reading all your suggestions I concluded the problem must lie somewhere in Adibe, so I took the easy route and uninstalled it, then downloaded and reinstalled from their website. It works!

Thank you all for your help, at least it got me thinking in the right area.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…