//some 3rd party need geo

Internet Options tab not working

Barnacarry 16:37 06 Mar 05

I think this could be an easy one for you all, although I haven't a clue, but the internet options tab in 'Tools' just won't open. I just click away and nothing happens. Any clues? ps. I am using it through Control Panel.

stalion 16:41 06 Mar 05

on your internet browser select tools and it is listed there

smudge101 16:45 06 Mar 05

This very much depends on the set up of your computer. From what you have said, you are logged in as a user, to be able to access some parts of the operating system you need to be logged in as an administrator.

Try going to control Panel and 'User Accounts' you should be able to get in log in as adminstrator from there and then access the internet options.
While there you can also give yourself the permissions to be able to do it from your own log in.

Barnacarry 16:56 06 Mar 05

Thanks, smudge101, but I am logged on as administrator and now feel as if I have wasted your time as, having just deleted all cookies and temp files from within the Control Panel, it now appears as if the 'Tools' tab is working. I'm sorry to have wasted your time but appreciate the quick response. I think I'll go to night school and pick up a few tips.

smudge101 17:12 06 Mar 05

Glad you got it sorted!!

Don't worry about wasting my time, it is very easy to post for help and then solve it yourself, I have done it myself before now!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…