Internet Options No Go

penny 15:11 24 Sep 04

Since I installed Win XP a lot of the options in Int Explorer 6 properties are greyed out. I am signed on as Administrator and have no other problems configuring any other settings. I have looked in Security Settings and can't find anything that makes a jot of difference. Any ideas please, anyone. penny

Diodorus Siculus 15:13 24 Sep 04

Have you tried a repair? click here

gunner-joe 15:35 24 Sep 04

Hi Penny, maybe you can uninstall int/explorer and download it from microsoft again. You can also go to download.com and try other browsers like avant, firefox or opera. Some are quite good and are more (debatably) secure than old faithful.
Good luck, GJ

penny 18:07 24 Sep 04

Thanks Diodorus Siculus, tried that but just the same. gunner-joe, I might have to resort to that in the end. I have searched for previous theads but my problem seems a bit different. I can change the Home Page but the greyed area's are in Internet Properties - Privacy - the DEFAULT button is grey. In Content Advisor - the SETTINGS button is grey. In Connections - ALL BUTTONS EXCEPT SETUP ARE GREY. In Advanced, I can change all the ticks but the DEFAULTS button is grey. Penny

penny 20:30 24 Sep 04

After reading other threads on the subject, how other progs can muck up your setting such as Spybot etc. I had a close look at what was installed and I came across a prog called IE Personalizer 3 which my husband had downloaded and installed. I changed the security settings and hey presto, all is sweet again. Wait till he comes home, now where did I put that rolling pin.
penny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…