internet options

georgie2 16:39 21 Mar 03

today i tried to access my internet options from the tools menu and a box appeared saying
"restriction. this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, please contact your system administrator"
anyone please help

powerless 16:41 21 Mar 03

Are you the admin and are you logged on as admin?

powerless 16:42 21 Mar 03

What operating system?

georgie2 16:44 21 Mar 03

yes and yes
windows xp

georgie2 16:53 21 Mar 03

yes and yes windows xp

georgie2 07:49 24 Mar 03

please if anyone can help, i would be very grateful

xtreme_computing 08:03 24 Mar 03

check that it is not disabled

goto start /run box and type gpedit.msc

click administrative templates-

system-

windows components-

internet explorer-

browser menu-

and look at any settings that may be enabled there,especially tools menu:disable internet options, make sure its set to not configure

georgie2 15:20 24 Mar 03

when i typed in run box a message in a box came up "windows cannot find gped.msc. make sure you typed the name correctly, and the try again. to search for a file click start button then click search"
tried that but clicking the button did nothing

georgie2 17:32 24 Mar 03

would it be easier if i just done a retore to put everything back to how it was

xtreme_computing 12:25 25 Mar 03

i take it you are on xp home, as the instructions above i gave are for xp pro, as your problem is normally related to a system setting that has been changed, and this can only be changed in xp pro and not xp home

have you/or someone else used any software that can cause this problem, i.e tweak xp or someting similar.as if you have such software this setting can be changed.

this link can also help as the setting may be disabled via the registry click here

georgie2 14:39 27 Mar 03

thank you extreme_computing this worked a treat, any advice on how to get msn back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced