internet options

morganmight 13:55 14 Oct 03

Why is it when I try to clear the 'history'in 'internet options'it does not always clear?
Is there a setting I should know about?

johnnyrocker 14:02 14 Oct 03

without os info it is difficult to help.

johnny.

Stuartli 14:12 14 Oct 03

I've found that (sometimes) Tools>Internet Options cannot be opened without being online.

Why this should be I don't know but it might provide a clue in your case...:-)

morganmight 14:41 14 Oct 03

my os is win 98se.

johnnyrocker 14:50 14 Oct 03

not sure if it applies in 98se but you could look in advanced section of internet options and if applicable tick delete temp files on shutdown.

cheers.

johnny.

anchor 20:08 14 Oct 03

I use ME, but it is likely to be the same in 98se.

Open "My Computer" on the desktop. Right click on your main drive, (probably C:), select Properties, click on disc cleanup, tick the items you wish to be removed, making sure you include Temporary Internet files. Click OK.

morganmight 13:52 15 Oct 03

Thanks for your replies,i've tried your ideas but none of them clear the history for that day.
I may have 3 days of history in the history section,but when you try to erase it,at least one day remains.
Any more ideas,thanks.

johnnyrocker 14:01 15 Oct 03

it seems to me that the current day is the one to which you refer, if you select history from tool bar you can then delete all history in the left hand pane by right clicking the day and select delete.

cheers.
johnny.

morganmight 16:41 15 Oct 03

Thanks Johnny,that worked fine.
Once again,thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…