Internet Option (Java)

Old Shep 14:03 10 May 04

My comp would not display a Java Image on a web site I visited - never done this before. Looking in Internet Options I have Java (sun) whatever that means and underneath that it says use Java 2v1.4.2_01 for (applet) (requires a restart) Underneath that it says Microsoft VM Java Console enabled (requires a restart) Java Logging enabled and JIT Compiler fror virtual machine enabled (requires a restart) The only box with a tick in it is the JIT Compiler I am sure others were ticked but are now not. Could anyone tell me which boxes should be TICKED. Thanks guys and Gals.

Stuartli 14:15 10 May 04

I have the same setting enabled as you; I seem to remember an MS update for Java a while back but can't remember exactly what it was.

Sun is the official Java developer and MS tried to create its own equivalent (again if I remember correctly) and there was some court action over the matter.

Here's some MS advice:

click here;en-us;308260&Product=ie600

and

click here;en-us;833633&Product=ie600

Stuartli 14:16 10 May 04

If the links don't work, key in the two numbers in turn into the Knowledge Base ID field.

Old Shep 14:19 10 May 04

Thanks for that Stuartli are you saying that neither of your AVA boxes are ticked as enabled.

Stuartli 14:37 10 May 04

Yes, the same as you have at present (JIT compiler).

It may also be worth you having a look at:

click here

where Microsoft comprehensively outlines the various Security settings for IE.

Old Shep 15:24 10 May 04

Many Thanks Stuartli

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced