Internet Optimizer navigational error

uskfisherman 10:47 25 Oct 03

Help please. For a while now I am continually plauged with this "horror" appearing when I try to go to referred site. EG I get an E Mail from PC Advisor to take part in a survey, and yet again all I get when I click here is nav Error. I also get it when I am asked to click here on Hotmail. Can anyone help please? I run Windows ME IE 6. I also had an optimizer installed "rocket" but I have uninstalled this without any effect. Here'hoping.

Jester2K II 11:01 25 Oct 03

Internet Optimsiser is Spyware.

Remove it with Adaware click here and / or Spybot click here

uskfisherman 12:01 25 Oct 03

Jester 2.
Many thanks. I installed Spybot from a disc but this made no difference. I then uninstalled and went to Registry and deleted optimizer. I suppose this is OK, at least click here now does work. I only hope I have not created problems for the future.

VoG II 12:08 25 Oct 03

click here for full removal instructions.

uskfisherman 12:50 25 Oct 03

Vog. Grateful thanks this is the first time I have understood what is taking place. Earlier this week I picked up 2 Trojan viruses connected with this optimiser. Norton got rid of one but the other in the blooming active alert took some getting rid of. In the end the only I disposed of it was by using BC Wipe. Again many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…