Internet not working

Chirag 21:28 03 Mar 07

Hi there, I rebooted my computer today because it was getting very slow. I have windows xp home edition. After rebooting I used the internet and it worked perfectly. But after installing service pack 2 it is suddenly coming to page cannot be displayed. Currently I am accessing the internet from safe mode with networking. Can someone please help me. Thank you very much.

Stuartli 21:34 03 Mar 07

Try installing the latest version of Autopatcher to bring your copy of SP2 right up to date. See:

click here

Stuartli 21:34 03 Mar 07

..Windows XP + SP2...

Chirag 21:40 03 Mar 07

I'll give the autopatcher a try. I think this is a very minor issue because I can access the internet via safe mode but not in normal mode. Can you suggest any other ideas alongside please?

Chirag 16:56 04 Mar 07

Thank you very much for your help. I have managed to solve the internet problem by installing autopatcher windows updates uptill February 2007. I have some spyware on my computer now which keeps popping up websites everytime I open Internet Explorer. Can you suggest anyway to get rid of them please? Also after the updates my My Computer seems to have changed to Chirag (My name) on HOME (my pc name). Why is that? Can someone tell me how to get it back to My Computer please? Many thanks.

Chirag 16:56 04 Mar 07

Thank you very much for your help. I have managed to solve the internet problem by installing autopatcher windows updates uptill February 2007. I have some spyware on my computer now which keeps popping up websites everytime I open Internet Explorer. Can you suggest anyway to get rid of them please? Also after the updates my My Computer seems to have changed to Chirag (My name) on HOME (my pc name). Why is that? Can someone tell me how to get it back to My Computer please? Many thanks.

skidzy 17:27 04 Mar 07

Firstly try and download Firefox browser click here

Then run:
Spybot search and Destroy
Adaware SE

Run these two and delete all it finds,then post back if you still have problems.

You may need more programs to clean this machine, but this a good start.

skidzy 17:29 04 Mar 07

Spybot and Adaware click here
click here and Spyware terminator,this offers you realtime protection click here

All these are free programs.

Chirag 17:29 04 Mar 07

Thanks for your help. Do you have any suggestions to the My Computer issue? It shows the name as Chirag on Home instead of My Computer. This was after the autopatcher update. Thanks

skidzy 17:40 04 Mar 07

If im right,Try this:

Windows key+Pausebreak/Computer Name and rename this.

Chirag 18:19 04 Mar 07

Hmm this does not change it :( any other suggestions please? Thank you very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced