internet not connecting

Algy Brew 12:55 20 Jun 06

I am connected to the internet, by a wireless modem. I have two computers a laptop and a desktop. No problem with the laptop. When I go on the internet I get error message page can not be displayed on the desktop computer.Both run Windows XP, and both have outlook express 6. Any ideas.

medicine hat 13:22 20 Jun 06

Is the wireless connection icon showing in your desktop's system tray?

medicine hat 13:29 20 Jun 06

The once that looks like this: click here

Algy Brew 14:58 20 Jun 06

Dear medicine hat, yes the wireless connection icon in my desktop tray is showing.

medicine hat 15:50 20 Jun 06

Is there a red x on that icon?

Does outlook work? Can you you get emails on the desktop pc?

Algy Brew 16:06 20 Jun 06

There is no red x on the wireless connection, I have gone to to the wireless software and it says it is connected. I can not receive e-mails either on the desktop.

medicine hat 16:20 20 Jun 06

Right click on the icon and bring up the status box. What are the number of packets sent and received?

Algy Brew 23:30 20 Jun 06

No packets are being sent or received.Sorry for delay in replying due to England game, and took off and reinstalled wireless adaptor to no avail.

woodchip 23:48 20 Jun 06

Are both computers Wireless? If so then you need to go into the Router Setings page and check the Wireless settings also check the Desktop settings tally with router. Like SSID etc any password you setup as well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…