Internet Not Available.

XLewisDX 17:36 02 Oct 14

Checked that internet access is available, yes. Checked that booster is receiving a signal from my router, yes. checked my switch is receiving a signal from my booster, yes lights are green. checked that the switch is working with other computers, yes because another computer is connected via a Ethernet cable and is able to access the internet. Replaced Ethernet cable with a confirmed working one, done still no internet. checked to see if my computer is recognizing an Ethernet cable is connected; no, the computer believes an Ethernet cable is connected. I then checked that the Ethernet port is enabled. yes it is enabled. My computer is failing to realizing an Ethernet cable is plugged in.

XLewisDX 17:38 02 Oct 14

I believe that the Ethernet port is broke but would like confirmation.

Ian in Northampton 17:52 02 Oct 14

It could be. An option that would involve you spending a little money to confirm your diagnosis might be to get a USB/Ethernet dongle like this to check it out. (And if it is a faulty socket, this would be the cheapest solution in all likelihood.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…