Internet noise off, WMP on though!!

gazmix 23:52 09 Jul 09

Hi
This has happened a few times of late. The speakers i have work ok when playing WMP files, but not when playing things of youtube etc!

Is there a way of turning internet noise up & down & i wonder what could've caused it!

Cheers

Gaz

rdave13 09:12 10 Jul 09

Check that in IE-tools-internet options-advanced tab and under multimedia that 'play sounds in web pages' is ticked.

gazmix 09:38 10 Jul 09

Hi, i will, it sems ok this morning, but spasmodically changes at different times!

Is there a way of changing this in Firefox as i don't use IE.

rdave13 11:00 10 Jul 09

Go through control panel-network and internet connections-internet options.

gazmix 14:50 10 Jul 09

Ok, will try that, but as i say, they weren't working last night, i turned pc on today & all was ok!!
I been runing a few programmes to get rid of some stuff on pc & wondered if they could've done anything but apparently my system is clean now & yet is still doing it!

gazmix 19:03 10 Jul 09

I tried that & still seems to be happening. I've tried using different USB ports, restarted pc etc!

This morning the speakers worked, i logged off then back on & now they don't even though the green light on them is on!!
Also earphone jack on front of pc aint workin either!!

grr

gazmix 21:56 10 Jul 09

i ran spybot & adaware & all seems clean, i just don't know what to do next!!

anyone?? please

gazmix 15:12 12 Jul 09

This all happened after i did a lot of Microsoft Updates. Including SP3.

It happened firstly, then i rebooted & the sound came back & I can hear noises on the speakers, like when a mobile phone is near it or the hmmm when i turn them up etc, i know i have used some programmes to help sort another issue out, it just seems to have happened since i used them!!
I see no point in changing speakers as they do work playing WMP files.

Help appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac