Internet via NetgearDG834G

bt49 16:52 26 Jul 10

Hi, My ISP is 'talktalk'. I use a Netgear DG834G router (wired). More often than not I loose the signal or connection. The little rapidly flashing internet icon should be yellow. However, mine with a mind of it's own changes to orange and I loose the connection. I have to always disconnect the power and start all over again. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens? Many thanks
bt49

Ashrich 20:23 26 Jul 10

Have a word with TalkTalk , they have probably set your connection too fast , hence it having trouble maintaining the connection to the exchange , they might need to back it off a little bit .

Ashley

handful 13:13 19 Aug 10

TalkTalk too fast......that would be a first!! Could also be caused by interference from other wireless devices, DECT phones, video senders etc.

Ashrich 22:34 19 Aug 10

Wireless interruption wouldn't cause a router to constantly re-synchronise with the exchange , would it ...or perhaps you know better ?

Too fast as in too fast for bt49's line length , and of course , if you read the post properly you would have noticed that the router is being used wired not wireless .

Ashley

Have you checked the router settings against the installation advice from your supplier? Do they have a helpline? Also if you're not using wireless make sure it's disabled in the DG834 itself. If you have visitors who need it set the parameters up so it works and then enable it when needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant