Internet Mystery and Misery, HELP!!!

andywg 19:17 12 Mar 15

Good evening to you all,

I have a customer who is having SERIOUS problems with TT internet, she keeps loosing her service..

I have tried everything I can think of and it is still playing up, cables, different router, different phone sockets, even 2 calls to TT and 2 different line tests (which they said is ok!)

The internet service just goes, even on a different router it did the same thing, it works for a while then its gone again, now the light is on saying internet service is there but the PC says its not!

I have tried wireless, wired, unplugged the telephones, filters everything...

I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

Many thanks in advance...

compumac 19:34 12 Mar 15

Relative had the same problem - Provider repeatedly insisted the line was perfectly OK. After many, many calls to them they did agree to check the line out PROPERLY and it was found the fault was the connection 30 metres from the house!

lotvic 19:55 12 Mar 15

As it's TT (Talktalk) you could browse their forum to see if anyone has similar prob and advice, their OCE's are very helpful with troubleshooting and getting something done as long as you are patient as they see to the oldest posts first (so don't refresh/post until they've responded or you lose your place in the queue) ClickHere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now