Internet monitoring devices

octal 19:34 02 May 05

I have asked this before, but didn't really get any replies, so forgive me if I have another go.

A lot of people seemed to be using net monitors of various types. I have tried several, but all of them seemed to record not only uploads and downloads but also broadcast traffic. This broadcast traffic is making a mockery of any meaningful results, this is a screen shot:

click here

The first figures are for a week, the second is for a month, I installed this program last week so the April figures are for about one week only. The May figures are for two days! The computer has been on, but the Internet Hasn't been used all the time. Even when the internet is not being used the network card is still connected, therefore the monitor is still recording traffic as it should.

The question I really want answered is, if you are on a capped service, is the broadcast traffic included or excluded in the cap? If its excluded it seems a bit of a waste of time trying to monitor your own personal traffic using all the normal Internet monitors I've tried.

Any comments please?

By the way, I've tried both Windows and Linux monitors, they're both the same as I would expect.

Buchan 35 19:59 02 May 05

your "click here" gave a very distorted picture. Hope it`s not my PC. I can`t help otherwise as I`m not on BB. All the best

octal 20:01 02 May 05

Thanks for checking, it looks fine at this end. I think if you click on the image it will zoom in a bit and it should look better.

octal 21:43 02 May 05

Any thoughts please?

octal 12:42 03 May 05

^

octal 17:35 03 May 05

^

octal 20:59 03 May 05

I'll tick resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…