Internet monitoring

andy625 10:18 04 Aug 05

I use the internet at work to check my personal (web based) email, as well as looking at other "stuff" - all clean!

Can anyone tell me how to find out if anyone is monitoring my activity? I religously delete all history, temp internet files, cookies and recently accessed files etc, and have been using the "webwipe" program. Is there a way that they could still see wheat I've been looking at??

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 10:23 04 Aug 05

If you are on a network, the administrator can look at any machine on the network. How to know at any one time that (s)he is looking at you is not easy.

The company should have a privacy policy for you to tell you if they are likely to monitor your use of the net.

andy625 10:26 04 Aug 05

When they look at the machine, what exactly are they looking at? History, Temp internet files or something else??

Diodorus Siculus 13:17 04 Aug 05

Network traffic - likely all internet activity comes through one portal.

recap 13:38 04 Aug 05

A thing to note here, in August 2003 an act was passed allowing an employer to monitor you at work. The act in question is "Monitoring Staff at Work Act, August 2003". If an employer is doing this they must notify the employee.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…