Internet logs folder-what files to delete?

dagwoood 02:41 19 Apr 04

I noticed my internet logs folder is over 40mb in size and wandered what files are safe to delete.

I have a lot of zone alarm text files that I assume are safe to delete but I have a large text file called tvDebug that I wandered is it safe to delete this?

What's taking the most space up are files with the file extension .tmp. I know these are temporary files and this type of file is normally safe to delete, but as I don't know for definate what's generating them(I think it's zone alarm as I have other log files that are called RDB files and I think these relate to the true vector service)I'm reluctant to delete them. These files date back to when my o/s(and zone alarm pro)was installed and all the file names start with xDB.

Any guidance/advice appreciated, dagwoood.

temp003 02:53 19 Apr 04

"internet logs" folder - do you mean the Temporary Internet Files folder? If so, anything in that folder is safe to delete.

To clear the folder, in IE, click Tools, Internet Options, General tab, click Delete Files.

You can also change the setting for the size allowed. If you let the contents of the folder to get to 40MB, it partially defeats the purpose for having it, because it will take longer and longer to search through the folder for already downloaded files for a web page you've visited. On the same tab, click Settings, and change it to a smaller figure. I use 10MB, but it can be smaller or bigger.

All .tmp files are safe to delete, especially if they are more than a few days old.

If you're talking about a different folder, post back.

dagwoood 02:59 19 Apr 04

Thanks for the quick response temp003.

I didn't mean my temporary internet files, I meant the internet logs folder in windows.

Cheers, dagwoood.

temp003 03:46 19 Apr 04

Sorry, it's a ZoneAlarm folder. I don't use it, so better leave it to others.

click here and look at WhitPhil's post.

dagwoood 05:13 19 Apr 04

temp003, thank you for the above link, the information on their provides answers to all of the above queries. I didn't realise this folder was purely for zone alarm.

Thanks again, dagwoood.

rawprawn 08:33 19 Apr 04

You can delete all the text logs, but if you go to edit/select all/delete it will not let you delete the ones you should keep.

dagwoood 13:31 19 Apr 04

Thank you for that. Didn't realise you could do that with the edit tab.

Cheers, dagwoood.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…