Internet logon box keeps opening

RAQUELMANNY 14:23 23 May 03

Everytime my computer comes out of standby or i turn my computer on after shut down the internet logon box appears. How do I get it to stop doing this?

AngeTheHippy 14:33 23 May 03

Just a thought as this happened to me about 3 years ago. I had no anti-virus s/w on my PC and unknown to me, I received via e-mail a worm virus. Clever little sod, every few minutes when powered up, I got the login box encourageing me to go online. When I did, I tried to go to ANY of the anti-virus s/w houses, Symantec, McAfee etc, etc the line dropped IMMEDIATELY. It would NOT let me view any of these sites in case I got anti-virus s/w.

I ended up formatting the h/d and got rid of the virus that way.

AngeTheHippy

Steinman 14:53 23 May 03

Are there any applications trying to establish contact to the net? For example RealPlayer,or Quick Time trying establish link. Could be spyware?
If you had a firewall you could see what application is trying to 'escape'.

Djohn 15:27 23 May 03

It may just be one of your programs set to attempt to connect to the internet for updates.

Some programs as you install them, by default enable them to check for updates every time you turn on your PC. Check these programs and disable "Automatic checking", or words similar to that.

Also right click on explorer choose properties, then Connection tab, of the three options you see for connecting, place a check mark in "Never dial a connection", this way the Dial up window should not present itself, unless you open explorer, and will not attempt to dial out until you click on the "Connect" button. J.

Sparks 17:48 23 May 03

This was a tip previously posted on this forum.
Go to control panel/network and select Windows Logon, do not restart PC.Then in Control panel
select passwords/change, and do not put anything in the the password box click OK and restart your
computer. It worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…