Internet-Log Out

The Brown Rock 01:17 20 Sep 03

My daughter has just recently bought a new PC running `Windows XP Home Edition. when finished with the `Internet` she cannot "Log Off" and although closing out of all links etc, her computer remains connected to the internet.
To disconnect she has to log off which closes down her computer entirely. Is there something she is doing wrong or perhaps failing to do to log out correctly. I'm running Windows 98` where there is a little active icon at the bottom of the screen that by right cliking will allow me to disconnect. Can anyone help us solve this problem.
Thanking you in anticipation.
`The Brown Rock`

VoG II 08:34 20 Sep 03

In Control Panel, Network Connections, Right Click the connection and select properties. Tick "Display icon in notification area when connected". This will display the little TVs.

The Brown Rock 22:58 20 Sep 03

Thanks VoG I will pass on the good news and hopefully all will be resolved.
`The Brown Rock`

The Brown Rock 19:48 21 Sep 03

I'm afraid the above did not resolve the problem as it appears that she has the little TV icons all the time, but although connected to the `Internet` the icons are crossed with the red X. When she clicks on this she gets a message to state something like "Connection Unplugged" even though as I say she is connected up to the server and only wishes to `log out` " Is ther a cure for this?"
The Brown Rock.

VoG II 20:50 21 Sep 03

Please can you find out the exact message then we might stand a chance of finding the cause and solution.

The Brown Rock 23:27 25 Sep 03

Due to additional difficulties with the P.C. i.e. - unable to close down P.C. It became necessary to re-programme the machine. When this was completed we discovered it had resolved the `Log-Out` problem also. My thanks in particular to VoG, for staying with me.
The Brown Rock.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…