Internet log-on

Hofnar 15:54 08 Apr 05

Since changing to a different account in BT Yahoo Broadband I have not been able to automatic log-on via my desktop icons, but have to log-on via Control Panel> Network connections. I've created an Icon for Network connections on the desktop.That works, but surely there should be a better way?

Technotiger 15:59 08 Apr 05

Hi, Perhaps if you re-install the software. Usually there is an option during install to put shortcut on desktop.

Cheers.

Hofnar 16:04 08 Apr 05

Have re-installed the program already new Icons work only after log-on via Control Panel.

Technotiger 16:13 08 Apr 05

Hmmm - just thinking out-loud - what if you try a right-click on icon when you have it on desktop and then click on Send To/Desktop (Create Shortcut). Dunno if it would work, but worth a try I guess, it might stay there then when you start up again.

Hofnar 16:20 08 Apr 05

I have created a new Icon on the desktop from the Control Panel> Network connections. That works. I can then use the normal BT icon to sign-in. It seems a long way round. There got to be a better way.

Technotiger 16:24 08 Apr 05

Yes, I was thinking about the icon that you have created from Control Panel - what I was thinking was, that it might work if you now right-click on That Icon and then SendTo> etc, I know it sounds daft, but then so do lots of things in computing - most of which does not make any sense to me anyway, but these things still seem to work - quite often anyway.

Technotiger 16:28 08 Apr 05

Just had another thought - rather than go the long way round - what if you just click on IE, I would think that it would then say something like 'you are not on-line would you like to connect now' - or words to that effect, then you could click on Yes and perhaps go on-line that way.

Hofnar 15:18 09 Apr 05

Sorry about yesterday. I was called away. I have used IE, selected my home page and saved that. That will get me to my home pge alright but I can't log-on from there. I now use theicon I'd put on my desktop linking to the Control Panel and Network connection. That works so I'll leave it at that I think.
Thanks for your help Tiger.

Technotiger 15:25 09 Apr 05

OK, thanks for the feedback anyway.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…