Internet via laptop

Madrat 15:33 09 Aug 04

I am about to get my first laptop probably used.

I use a router with eartnet and usb conecters on my 2 desktop pcs for internet use. is ther somthing I can plug into this and into the laptop so I can acces thi net wireless?

Also when Im away from home can I conect my mobile to the laptop for internet use I use the vodaphone network. I know vodephone do a thingy just for this but I will only be uusing it for emails and a few other small aplications so there mothly service price is a bit high realy I need a pay as you go service.

Also what conectors/slots should I look for on a laptop if I do go for a used modle

Any help much appreshiated.

TomJerry 16:19 09 Aug 04

Use Internet at home

You need one wireless access point (AP)/router which connect to your existing router, this AP is kind of base station. One suggestion for you Linksys BEFW11S4 11Mbps Wireless Broadband Router £37.82 click here

If your laptop has wireless capability build in, you do not need anything else. Otherwise, you need one wireless adaptor for your laptop. One suggestion for you here: Linksys WPC11 11Mbps Wireless PC Card £22.41 click here

To use Internet on move. (1) 3G solution, BB connection but too expensive vodaphone's offers click here
432@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccddadcmeldiekfcflgcegjdgnfdffm.0 (2) For light use, get a phone with build-in modem, some old Nokia phones will be fine. If your laptop has Infrared connection, get a mobile with Infrared connection, otherwise you need to use datalink cable to connect mobile phone with laptop.

end 18:52 09 Aug 04

may I ask, what does the infrared on a lap-top enable you to do with the lap-top???( "simple" language please!!)

TomJerry 19:12 09 Aug 04

both have infrared communication ports

end 19:36 09 Aug 04

so that "scuppers" my idea of a lap-top that can access the web "anywhere"..!that is what I would like but..??cost prohibitive (?)(sorry fiatman..just "tiptoeing")..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…