internet keeps shutting down logging off.

MAGGX 19:05 10 Feb 05

Hi all,
I have AOL and just lately when on line I seam to be loged off after about ten miniutes. I only notice this when I look for a page/item site . A notice says web site contacted waiting for a reply. Its realy frustrating because I have to restart everything again then it happens again after about the same amount of time.
Realy need some help thanks

Old Shep 19:18 10 Feb 05

My friend who is with AOL dial up is getting exactly the same problem and is kicked off every few minutes. She is about to throw the computer out of the window in frustration. Im sure its an aol fault she thinks its her computer.

MAGGX 19:24 10 Feb 05

Hi old shep
I'm on broard band My wife also wants to send the PC out the window. This maybe AOL prob lets hope these a good person out there that can help!
Thanks for the reply.

hawk2 19:56 10 Feb 05

I had the same problem with my i.s.p. or at least thats what I thought. But I have since found out that if you are on a dial up connection,it does depend on how many people are on line in your very local area,too many and you get timed out, the only real answer is to go onto b.b,hope this helps.

Graham ® 20:02 10 Feb 05

This could be caused by a number of things. First step is to unplug all other USB devices except the modem, and try again.

MAGGX 18:43 11 Feb 05

Thanks I'll try that.
Thanks again

MAGGX 17:23 12 Feb 05

Thanks all AOL technical run me through usb power saving which was thought to be shutting the ports down to save power after a time. Then another call to them I used AOL fixet and it worked.
Thanks all. Back to normal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…