internet keeps on freezing

gidster 09:29 19 Sep 09

hi . im running a laptop on vista and i recently restored it to its original state. and ive been doing the usual stuff putting all the microsoft updates on. ive put both service packs on 1 and 2,plus the the lates explora, is it 8 ?. but now my connection is very unstable,when im in the middle of something it will freeze and i just get the spinning circle and im unable to get back on unless i restart the laptop. the strange thing is it says my connection is 100% on the computer and the router.

cheers.

Technotiger 09:34 19 Sep 09

I would go back to using IE7, might make all the difference.

In any case, what is so special about IE8, seems plenty of people are having problems, while I have none with my IE7.

Latest is not always best, as I have just found with updating my QuickCam software, which I have now restored to its earlier version.

birdface 12:18 19 Sep 09

Use compatibility mode in tools on IE8.Just noticed the router bit.That may be causing the problem.Can you hard wire the connection to see if it works ok that way.If so you will know it is a problem with the router connection.

gidster 12:56 19 Sep 09

the router is fine as i have other things connected vie the router like the xbox and wii, but ive just heard the maybe a bug which is to do with facebook users and this slows the pc down and freezes the internet, anyone know about it and if so how do you fix it? how would i get explorer 7 back as well? also whats the best internet browser to use? sorry for the bullet like questions.

cheers

Technotiger 14:05 19 Sep 09
  Technotiger 14:06 19 Sep 09

As for the Browser - I prefer and use, Firefox - but I also have IE7 for occasional use too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…