internet keeps crashing

raggy 2 22:08 20 Nov 04

Can anyone help, for about a few months now my computer keeps coming up with a sign "internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" and this is becoming more frequent, any ideas.
Also now my internet addressbar has disappeared, where can i find it as I can't type in any addresses for website i am having to go through google that is on my task bar.
would going back to system restore help????

VoG II 22:13 20 Nov 04

Right click toolbar, untick lock the toolbars. Left click on toolbar and keep the button pressed. Drag down and to the left to hopefully reveal the address bar. Then fiddle about to tidy things up.

To repair to stop the error click here

raggy 2 22:37 20 Nov 04

thanks mate ur a genius, you've helped me with practically every problem ive posted, how do you know so much
thanks again hail the VOG

raggy 2 20:16 21 Nov 04

is there another idiot proof way as im not 100% sure on reloading from the disc???????

VoG II 20:20 21 Nov 04

I'm pretty sure that all of the repair methods for Windows XP require an XP CD.

Any Windows XP CD will do so if you only have a manufacturer's restore disk you could always borrow a full Windows disk and use that.

raggy 2 20:45 21 Nov 04

do you mean borrow a disc from someone else??
also what about downloading windows pack 2 will that help.

VoG II 20:48 21 Nov 04

Yes, I meant borrow a disk from someoneelse - only if you don't have your own of course. You won't have to "do" anything except insert the CD when prompted.

SP2 might or might not cure it.

mattyc_92 21:02 21 Nov 04

I have SP2 installed and I also get these "Explorer discovered an error and needs to close-down" as well as the message you have quoted or the computer freezes. I also don't know what is wrong with my system and have formatted, used spy-ware and virus scans, etc... and nothing has been discovered. YOU ARE NOT ALONE

However.... I have noticed that it is just some certain websites, I wonder if you have (or may notice in future) this as well.

VoG II 21:06 21 Nov 04

The alternative, of course, is to use a different browser. I use Firefox click here although I still sometimes use Internet Explorer.

raggy 2 19:21 22 Nov 04

thanks VOG, but do I have to use this all the time or can I ever go back to explorer??

raggy 2 21:47 22 Nov 04

does anyone know why the internet is so slow im on broadband it just takes ages for a page to open, but yet when i download from win mx the download speed is perfect

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…