internet javascript problem

ataunto 14:12 01 Mar 03

OS is WIN2000, log onto say click here enter flight details and the press "select flight". Nothing happens except in bottom left corner, remark "jabascript:submit_SB_Form()" is displayed. The same happens in Netscape. All WIN2000 upgrades downloaded. The same problem occurs with click here and also click here. The other WIN2000 machine on the network has the same problems. Friends with WIN XP or WIN98 don't have this problem. Any ideas?

scotia 22:13 01 Mar 03

I have similar problems to ataunto. Some websites will open javascript windows, others (Orange, Ryanair) won't. OS is Windows XP. I also run Norton Internet Security so I've tried to make sure that all my javascript settings are correct, but nothing has helped. Anyone got any ideas?

ataunto 11:22 02 Mar 03

The problem is being caused by my installation of Norton Firewall 2003. The cure, hopefully, is to dbl click on "Ad blocking". Remove tick from "Turn on Ad Blocking". Tick "Turn on Popup window blocking"
Scotia: you will know if it works for you. On Ryanair's site, put in Aberdeen as origin and only Dublin should show as destination. You were brobably getting all Ryanair's destinations.

scotia 17:24 02 Mar 03

Hi Ataunto Problem seems to be sorted for me too. Did as you suggested with Norton, and all seems to be working well now. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017