internet interruption

gilroy 22:40 29 Oct 04

very often when i am on the net someone will ring my telephone and it cuts me off the net ...is there anything i can do to prevent this. I operate windows 98
gilroy

mgmcc 22:57 29 Oct 04

Your internet connection shouldn't normally be affected by others trying to phone you because they will get an 'engaged' tone. However, if you have "call waiting" enabled on your phone line, this can cause disconnections.

There should be a number you can dial to temporarily disable "call waiting" while you are online.

NickyK 23:38 29 Oct 04

A friend of mine had exactly the same problem running Windows 98. The answering machine seemed to affect his connection as well as call waiting. His solution was to get broadband, which has solved the problem, but might not be what you either want or require.

THE TERMINATOR 00:23 30 Oct 04

Have you tried unplugging your telephone? Or if you cannot do this have you tried filters?...T

THE TERMINATOR 00:26 30 Oct 04

Have you tried unplugging your telephone? Or if you cannot do this have you tried filters?...T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…