Internet Information Services refuses to start

Chegs ® 22:51 23 Mar 05

I need this service running in XP Pro,as its absence is stopping me install another app.I have found instructions on restarting ISS...

Open Internet Information Services (IIS):
1. Right-click My Computer and select Manage.

2. In the left-hand pane, expand Services and Applications, and select Internet Information Services.

3.Right click and select "All tasks/Restart ISS..."

When I try this I get a message stating its stopping ISS,followed by another message which states...

"The service has not been started"

I had a look at the registry and although ISS Admin keys exist,I cannot alter the "Value Data" field (greyed out) to turn on IIS Admin Service,so this could be the cause of IIS's refusal to switch on.

Number 7 23:35 23 Mar 05

I think you need to install it from Add/Remove Programs> Windows Components.

Chegs ® 13:03 24 Mar 05

I gave up fighting with XP Pro,formatted the drive and reinstalled.This way cured ALL my XP woes in one go.The IIS installed,added .Net Framework,unpacked the SpeechSDK,used its collection of updates and then installed SpeechSDK.I seem to think its the updates to .Net that caused the problems,as I hadn't added ISS until after initial attempts to install SpeechSDK,and the updates were switching off the IIS Admin(as it didn't seem to be needed)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…