Internet Icon missing

Jota 09:09 08 Jan 04

When I connect ot the Internet I usually have a small icon that looks like 2 small televisions in the bottom right corner of the monitor near the clock. They have now disappeared. I have checked the Internet Proerties and a tick is in the "Show icon in notification area when connected" box but it still is not there. To disconnect from the Internet I have to turn off the modem every time. Is there an easier way?
Thanks!!

alcudia 09:23 08 Jan 04

You can right-click My Network Places on the desktop, choose properties. Right click the connection and choose disconnect.

Bit long winded though. You can also choose properties after right clicking the connection icon and see if show icon is ticked there.

Or try unticking it, exiting and then replacing the tick.

Jota 09:35 08 Jan 04

Thanks alcudia but I have tried that. If I right click on the connection icon the status menu is greyed out. That is what I need to be able to disconnect. Its all getting a bit mad!

Jota 09:35 10 Jan 04

refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…