Internet homepage won't go away!

yogibear 14:06 31 Jul 03

My usual homepage is Google, but this has now been replaced by something called It has its own toolbars, all junk as far as I'm concerned, and I cannot get rid of it. Internet Options, reset homepage, just comes back on. I have searched and deleted anything that I can find , nothing.

Has anyone else come across this site and, if so, how did you resolve it?

Lú-tzé 14:12 31 Jul 03

click here for some help.

Chris the Ancient 16:28 31 Jul 03

Use this link and download spg. It enables you to set the home page that you want and prevents someone else's front page hijacking it!

click here

yogibear 16:35 31 Jul 03

Thanks for that. I have Ad-aware 6 and Zonealarm running, so how does this stuff get through? It is really annoying (a bit more than that but this is an open forum :-)

Chris the Ancient 16:38 31 Jul 03

Basically they're flipping sneaky - and clever! Pity they can't put theire clever brains together and do something useful. But that's another story!

Chris the Ancient 16:39 31 Jul 03

I've now had spg running for ages with no probs.

yogibear 09:36 01 Aug 03

Chris the Ancient. Agreed. If I had the nouse these people obviously have, I'd be on big dosh working for Mr. gates.

superfifth 10:05 01 Aug 03

Have you tried to use system restore to a date when it did not happen? just a thought.

yogibear 00:04 02 Aug 03

Superfifth, I would have done that but the bloody thing keeps turning itself off. Annoying!
SPG seems to have done the trick, so cheers Chris the Ancient.
Thanks again to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…