//some 3rd party need geo

INTERNET HOMEPAGE HIGHJACKED

markkennett 21:48 12 Apr 06

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME MY INTERNET HOME PAGE HAS BEEN HIGHJACKED. EACH TIME I OPEN THE BROWSERS UP OR GO TO MY HOME PAGE THE FOLLOWING SITE IS DISPLAYED click here EVEN IF I CHANGE MY SAVED HOME PAGE THE BROWSER STILL REVERETS BACK TO THE PAGE ABOVE.

PLEASE CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW I CAN SORT THIS MESS???

VoG II 21:53 12 Apr 06

Firstly please stop typing in CAPITALS - this is shouting and SHOUTING will not ge you a quicker response.

Try click here and see if you can reset your home page.

Then download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

When installing, under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

Launch Ewido by double clicking the icon on your desktop. The program will now go to the main screen. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files. On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update.

Then select 'Settings'. Under the bottom section 'What to Scan?' make sure 'Scan every file' is ticked. Select 'OK' and you will return to scanning options. Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. This scan can take quite a while to run.

While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose 'Clean' (or 'Delete' if 'Clean' is not an option). Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections'. Doing this enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK.

If Ewido doesn't work, please download HJT click here and post your log at MWR click here

ade.h 21:53 12 Apr 06

Firslty, it's considered impolite to shout on forums.

Run Hijack This and A-Squared. A-Squared is one of the best malware cleaners available and HJT will spit out a log that tells you what's causing it. Links to follow.

ade.h 21:55 12 Apr 06

VoG's out-typed me again!

Link for A-Squared Free click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…