Internet Home Page Query

forexes 21:31 13 Dec 04

Everytime I log on to my ISP(Tiscali) the home page which appears is kita-search.com/enter.htm?id=9> and I cannot get it to change back via Tools/Internet Options/HomePage. This is just a search engine, but I have never heard of it before and am worried. I can use the internet as usual, but this home page is not what I want and worries me in case it is one of these premium line scams. Anyone help?

Valvegrid 21:36 13 Dec 04

If you are on dial up, you should take steps to protect yourself:

click here

Also do you have any anti spyware/trojan programs installed?

forexes 21:40 13 Dec 04

I am on Broadband, but unfortunately have to use the "connect" buon to get on line

Valvegrid 21:43 13 Dec 04

Here are a couple to help remove any nasties:

click here

click here

JoeC 21:44 13 Dec 04

Browser Highjacking click here

How and why it occurs, how to prevent it.

SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard from

click here

to help prevent it happening in the first place.

Spybot S&D from
click here

and

Adaware from click here

to help erase it

Valvegrid 21:46 13 Dec 04

If you are on broadband disconnect the plug that goes into the phone line, if you haven't already done so, that will stop any dialler.

Then run those programs in my last links, if you still get no joy, there is more you can do, just come back here and let us know.

Graham ® 21:52 13 Dec 04

What Valvegrid meant to say, I'm sure, was disconnect the dialup modem from the phone line :-)

Valvegrid 22:11 13 Dec 04

Yep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…