Internet home page has changed

morgueman 00:16 08 Jan 05

Hello all, i am using windows xp and something has gone wrong with my internet. My original home page was BtYahoo.com, but now, for some reason, its changed to Search the Web (win_et.com/ht.htm?id=9). I've tried to put it back to the BtYahoo page, but it wont work! Anyone any ideas please?
morgueman

johnnyrocker 00:21 08 Jan 05

what if any anti spyware do you have on board? and your os?

johnny.

myphrill 00:22 08 Jan 05

go to click here use their X-Cleaner spyware remover. no download needed, it runs from the site, VERY good!

prince ua 00:34 08 Jan 05

go to tools
then internet options
in the general tab were it says home page change the address to what you want

morgueman 00:47 08 Jan 05

only got panda antivirus on the pc, would like a free spyware but dont know what one to have! tried changing it via internet options, but it keeps going back to the other address!

VoG II 00:48 08 Jan 05
  prince ua 00:54 08 Jan 05

go to tools then internet options in the general tab were it says home page change the address to what you want

have you tried this

Taw® 01:19 08 Jan 05

prince ua even if he changes it back will change again as there is spyware on his system needs to download and run VoG™ link. VoG™ I think microsoft must be paying you to distribute their wares :-)

Mango Grummit 07:36 08 Jan 05
  morgueman 10:06 08 Jan 05

Thanks everyone for all the help. Downloaded windows antispyware and btyahoo one, both say i have no spyware on the pc. Uninstalled broadband and reinstalled it. Firstly, when i click the broadband icon, a script error comes up, so i have to log on via a different route, through program files, which works then. But when i connect to the internet, still comes up with Search the Web page, even though on internet options, it still says BtYahoo.com! Anyone help please?

Mango Grummit 11:33 08 Jan 05

Did you try my link for CWShredder?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…