internet home page

beast 12:35 22 Apr 03

I am having a problem with my home page when I log on. It used to be ntlworld.com, however for some reason a new home page has taken over.

When I make my original home page the default again when I log on next time this other page has taken over again.

It must have acessed into the system register to prevent my default changes being effective, any ideas as how to get rid of it and restoring my original default settings please

desbest 12:53 22 Apr 03

First, what caused the home page to change? It could of been Comet Cursor, Gator or any other programs which could be spyware. Sometimes websites change the internet explorer homepage because you've accessed them.

Ntl could of changed the home page for you.

You said that you changed the home page to the default. The default could of "CHANGED!".

To help solve the problem ,beast, you need to post a response to this subject about what caused the homepage to change.

Tog 13:10 22 Apr 03

I've seen this recommended in another forum on several occasions, I've never used it but it looks the biz. "Hijack This" click here

beast 15:14 22 Apr 03

my original homepage was ntlworld.com then click here took over as my homepage.

I tried resetting the homepage to ntlworld.com using tools/internet options having ntlworld.com as the homepage and requested it to have the ntlworld.com homepage as the default. But whenever I log on the internet click here become the homepage, which would indicate it operating deeper within the system to overthrow my ntlworld.com requested homepage. Iwant to know can I throw out the click here as a homepage I don't want it anyway

Stalker 15:34 22 Apr 03

download software called Ad Aware will remove all little spy software etc, i had similar problem this cured it for me
click here

Stalker

uskfisherman 20:20 22 Apr 03

I did away with home pages a long while ago and simply use "allabout". If I want access to any server home pages I put the in Favourites.This works very well and speeds up processes. Best of luck

bab5 20:32 22 Apr 03

beast,

you might like to try Browser Hijack Blaster from click here that or a similar program might help you

Darran

uskfisherman 20:37 22 Apr 03

apologies to Beast.. my suggestion should of course read About:blank one of the alternatives in Internet Options

muppetmark 22:59 22 Apr 03

click here to see what has happened to your homepage and there is plenty of advice and suggestions on how to get your homepage back and prevent it happening again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…