Internet History

madPentium 17:26 13 Oct 03

First off, I would like to thank everyone for their good free advice todate, it really is appreciated.

This may seem like a strange request but a customer of mine called today who owns a small business. From what I could tell, he couldn't say a lot on the phone due to ears, an employee has been doing something on the internet that he shouldn't be doing and has deleted the history.
Is there a little program that can be used to track and store internet sites visited? or apart from hoping there is a cookie left on the machine, is there a way to get the history back?

Many thanks
and again, greatly appreciated.

recap 17:43 13 Oct 03

How has he deleted the history?
If he has just used Tools/Internet Options then there still maybe some left in Explorer. It may only be a cookie but there is a chance that there is some trace left.

mark500 17:50 13 Oct 03

If O/S is XP Try Local Disk C:\Documents And Settings\(NAME OF USER)\Local Settings\History and see if they still exist there.

madPentium 19:01 13 Oct 03

Thanks, it is xp pro, I will look there and see if any cookies are remaining.

On the issues of this type of thing, is there a way to send an email that requires a password to open it? I mean built into the email? If not, Im suprised this feature has not been part of MS. It would mean I could send an email to the owner of the company knowing no one else will be able to view it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…