Internet glitches in new laptop

mikeyboy1 11:42 01 Dec 13

Anyone got any idea what I can do having tried everything I can think of. My new Lenovo G580 has two internet glitches which are causing me bother! Firstly any "streamed" media cuts out after 30 seconds or so and fails to return. Secondly the laptop seems to be impacting upon other devices in the house. When it is on other devices have internet problems. When it is off they don't. I have a superfast broadband that I monitor for performance which continues to be strong. I have updated drivers, turned off power saving modes and used different ISBs, including safe mode and still the problem persists. Any ideas?

mikeyboy1 12:43 01 Dec 13

Many thanks Jock1e for the suggestion. Tried that again but still problem persists. Using InSSider to monitor other networks and that problem is not there. The problem also happens with a Ethernet direct connection so I suspect it is internet settings on the laptop that are at fault. I have wasted time and money calling Levono on this and they were completely unhelpful.

rdave13 13:24 01 Dec 13

I'd try again but connect all your devices. Once all are connected now try powering off the router, wait a few minutes, then reboot. If that doesn't work it might be something to do with wifi cards that support g Wi-Fi only and the laptop is n . It could be that the router is having problems handling all the devices.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…