Internet Favorites

cambois 07:44 11 Sep 03

Is it possible to sort my Internet Favourites in to name order? At the moment if I add a new folder it goes to the bottom of the list. I am using Windows XP Pro.

Taff36 07:53 11 Sep 03

Yes! Go to Favourites - Organise Favourites.
In the right hand pane right click on the favourite you want to move and hold down the button. Drag the title up or down the list.

Don`t think there is an easy button that arranges everything in alphabetical order but I`ll check it out.

-pops- 08:01 11 Sep 03

Go into Favorites. RIGHT click on any one of them and click on Sort by name.

Taff36 08:07 11 Sep 03

Nice one -pops-.

You might also find the short cut keys useful if dragging titles is awkward in the small organise favourites windows. Select the title you want to move to highlight it and then use the ALT+Up ARROW or the ALT+DOWN ARROW on the keyboard.

cambois 08:11 11 Sep 03

Pops When I right click it has not got the option to sort. I'm sure it did in win98?

If I look at the Favourites folder in Windows Explorer they are all in name order

Taff36 08:16 11 Sep 03

Cambois

For -pops- tip just go to favouries and then right click. Don`t open organise favourites.

-pops- 08:46 11 Sep 03

You right click on one of the favorites, not on part of the filing system.

This method has been operative in IE since very early versions.

Don't confuse Windows Explorer with Internet Explorer.

cambois 08:53 11 Sep 03

All I get when I right click is:-
Open, Create new Folder, Print, Make Available offline, Send to, Cut, Copy, Delete, Rename & Properties.

Wes Tam ;-) 09:06 11 Sep 03

Underneath your Add and Organize there is a list of your favourites.

Right click on one and 2nd from bottom should be Sort by Name.

If you've organised your favourites into folders Left Click each folder and then Right Click on any item there.

-pops- 09:08 11 Sep 03

You still seem to be doing this from within Organize Favorites. That is incorrect.

Open the favorites list. Right click on one of your favorites and you will see the option there.

Taff36 09:08 11 Sep 03

You have tried to do this after clicking on Organise Favourites. DON`T OPEN organise favourites.

For -pops- tip just click favourites in the menubar and then right click any favourite listing. Then you get the option to sort by name.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…