internet explorerproblems

saddler-1962 08:55 02 Jul 09

Hi, hope someone can advise. Pc starts ok and internet explorer starts up ok, but within literally minutes, internet explorer slows right up, become 'jerky', eventually virtually stops and error message appears. Ive run virus check with mcafee and its shows nothing, cut my cpu usage is at 100%, as if something else is running in background.

Any advice please...........

Technotiger 08:58 02 Jul 09

Click on Ctrl/Alt/Del then open the Processes tab, look through and see what is using the CPU most. You can ignore System Idle Process, it is normal for that to be almost 100%.

Technotiger 08:59 02 Jul 09

Also - what is the error message?

saddler-1962 09:01 02 Jul 09

its a std internet error message saying it has encountered a problem with internet explorer and do i want to forward to whoever is it microsoft

^wave^ 09:01 02 Jul 09

whats the error message dumpres is probable culprit if an error occurs then of it goes slowing everything down

saddler-1962 09:03 02 Jul 09

when i do ctrl del alt, on the processes tab there are loads running but they meen nothing to me........

i was wondering where there is a virus that mcafee aint picking up......is it somethin in start up.wouldnt be first time i picked up virus that mcafee aint picked up, but not sure how or what to use to check start up

Technotiger 09:05 02 Jul 09

I asked you to look through the running processes, so that you could tell us which processes are showing High %'s ...

Technotiger 09:33 02 Jul 09

Right I will try another approach - download and install click here then run the One-Click Maintenance routine, it is quite simple, you do not need to make any alterations to any settings.

The one-click maintenance will take a minute or three to complete, including the final Fix problems.

Afterwards, re-start your computer in the normal way. Let us know if this has made any difference, i.e. speeded things up at all!

If you are still having problems click on Ctrl/Alt/Del and the Processes tab again - then look through the list of running processes and tell us of any processes which are showing high percentages. We may then be able to explain how to fix those processes that may be hogging your CPU.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5