Internet Explorer/Outlook Express disconnection.

Chartea 17:11 11 Feb 03

IE6 opens thro Freeserve Anytime and all appears Ok. When I click "Read Mail" Outlook Express opens up. Mail is received and then immediately disconnects me from the internet. I then have to redial in seperately to get back to Outlook Express or to ISP. Any help would be appreciated.

faintly curious 17:39 11 Feb 03

Try this - in Outlook Express go to the tools menu and select 'Options'. On the Connection tab, look to see if there is a check against 'Hang up after sending and receiving', and remove this if there is.

Chartea 18:43 11 Feb 03

Thanks "Faintly Curious" I did check this in the options and this box is not checked

mackaycc 12:12 14 Feb 03

The disconnection may also be caused by you having more than one e-mail account set up in OE with one of them specifying a particular dial up account. If you check the properties of your e-mail accounts and make sure that they are set to use any available connection this may cure your problem.

Chartea 12:23 14 Feb 03

Thanks Mackaycc.This did the trick. I had an old "Pay as you Go" still live and outlook Express was checking that source for mail as well. Once again thanks.
Chartea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…