Internet explorer wont open after attack by lavasoft virus

edwa1206 12:04 17 Jul 14
Answered

My internet explorer wmot open although I can receive e-mails because I am still connected to server. A virus took over my explorer site with advert to buy Lavasoft product .I deleted this but still cannot get explorer to work although I did try to download explorer 9. Can you advise what action I can take without doing a complete reboot where I will lose all data.

AndyB2174! 12:31 17 Jul 14

Hi edwa126,

What did you use to remove the virus? If it was the delete key and they are still in your Recycle Bin, restore them and then I suggest a 'deep scan' using the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and see what it comes up with. If this doesn't solve the problem then come back here.

AndyB2174! 12:32 17 Jul 14

Hi edwa126,

What did you use to remove the virus? If it was the delete key and they are still in your Recycle Bin, restore them and then I suggest a 'deep scan' using the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and see what it comes up with. If this doesn't solve the problem then come back here.

wee eddie 14:06 17 Jul 14
Answer

What Antivirus are you running?

Do you have any Malware Checkers installed?

Are they up-to-date and have you run any of them?

edwa1206 14:49 17 Jul 14

Hi Wee Eddie.

Yes I have AVG2014. Ithought I had deleted the entry By using internet options. Can't load Malware bytes because explorer will not open.

Under internet Options would it any use typing the full code for MyWebSearch Home Page?

EDWA1206

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017