internet explorer wont open

chickabookins 13:02 17 Feb 09

heya, please can someone help me out- for the past week or so i have been having loads of trouble gettin onto the internet, il open internet explorer but right at the bottom it has a little clock and says page found waiting for reply... but nothing ever happens the only way i can get onto the internet is to do a system restore please can someone tel me what might be wrong,
i have done a disk clean up and have done a scan thingy what ever its called to check your comp for viruses but they say its fine

thankyou

birdface 13:25 17 Feb 09

Not using McAfee are you.If using IE7 disable all of your add-ons and see if that makes any difference.

chickabookins 13:52 17 Feb 09

heya, not sure what you mean *sorry*

birdface 15:18 17 Feb 09

Are you using McAfee Anti-Virus.Are you using Internet Explorer7.

chickabookins 15:55 17 Feb 09

heya, no im using avg anti virus (ive been using it for ages and had no probs with it) i think im using internet explorer 7 (i clicked on help then went to about internet explorer and it said version 7 is that right?)

peter99co 17:58 17 Feb 09

Who is your Internet service provider?

Is the machine you are currently using on the same router?

birdface 18:42 17 Feb 09

Try Tools.Manage Add-ons.Enable or Disable add-Ons.Add-Ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer. Click on each one and disable all of them.Then switch Internet Explorer off and then on again.And see if that makes any difference.If it works Ok enable them one at a time until you find the one that is giving you the trouble.

chickabookins 19:15 17 Feb 09

heya, im with virgin media is that what you mean by internet service provider im soo sorry im not very good with comps

chickabookins 19:15 17 Feb 09

il give that ago thankyou il let you know what happens

birdface 13:46 19 Feb 09

Try right clicking Local area connection[Little thing that looks like 2 computer screens beside the clock] and press repair.see if it comes up with a DNS problem.If so go to Start.Run.type in cmd.Ok Command prompt will open.Type in ipconfig /flushdns a little space between the ipconfig and forward slash or it will not work.Ok.
it should tell you DNS cache has been flushed .if so reboot your computer and see if it runs any better.

birdface 13:50 19 Feb 09

What Firewall are you using and what Anti-Virus. Try switching your modem off for 20seconds and then back on again and leave for 2 minutes before you use it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…